vrijdag 14 januari 2011

Man admits London West End shop bomb hoax

A man has pleaded guilty to threatening to blow himself up in a shop in London's West End. Malcolm Tripp, 46, of no fixed address, was arrested following five-hour stand-off with police in Accessorize in Regent Street on Thursday. Tripp admitted a charge of making a bomb hoax, when he appeared at City of Westminster Magistrates' Court. He stacked several boxes at the window and one of them read "I have a nail bomb in a case", the court head. Tripp, who was remanded in custody, will be sentenced at Southwark Crown Court at a later date, pending psychiatric reports. Prosecutor Rav Chodha said: "A police officer attended Accessorize in Regent Street, he saw the defendant inside the premises carrying a black briefcase. "There were several boxes stacked on top of one another at the window." On them was written "I have a bomb, I have a nail bomb in a case, Allah I have a bomb". There was also a fluorescent advertising sign on which was written "I have a bomb". More than 150 police officers were deployed to the incident which came to an end at about 0500 BST on Friday.


Reaction:
I think that what this man did was very dangerous, his actions could have injured and killed many people by blowing himself up.  This kind of threatening should not be tolerated, the court must take this incident very serious and give Malcolm Tripp a severe sentence. People who put the public security at risk must be punished so that other people will not do the same thing.  I hope that Malcolm Tripp will receive a severe sentence and stay in jail for many years. I also think that police and the government should take the necessary measures to prevent this from happening again.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-12193811

1 opmerking:

  1. I agree with you. I also think that people who put the public security at risk, must be punished so that other people will not do the same thing. But to be honest, I do not think that situations like this can be prevented from happening by taking measures. People who do things like this are just crazy. I do not think that anything can stop them. They should get mental help, but I do not think that will work for everybody. Fortunately, nobody got hurt this time. I am wondering if they also really found a bom, or if Tripp was just trying to scare people.

    BeantwoordenVerwijderen